A few days ago, I posted the question asking you guys what you thought would be a good idea for a book for me to write. Well, the votes are in. I’m still having problems getting you guys to post your replies in the comments. But, I did receive plenty of emails with your opinions and ideas. Although there were some really interesting ideas submitted, the majority of you guys suggested a book about working with OpenCV using C#. Just like this site, you guys would like to have a full featured book that contains real-world, working applications with complete source code. So, your wish is granted.
I have already begun laying out what I believe should be in the book. I’m sure this list will change by the time I’m finished with the book, but it should be a good start. Plus, many of the chapters listed below will contain sub-sections that will drill down to more indepth explanations. Here are the chapters I’ve picked so far.
- Chapter 1 – Getting Started with OpenCV
- Chapter 2 – Loading Files into OpenCV
- Chapter 3 – Accessing the USB Webcam
- Chapter 4 – Using OpenCV in Windows Forms
- Chapter 5 – Recording Video with OpenCV
- Chapter 6 – Simple Motion Detection
- Chapter 7 – Working with Haar Classifiers
- Chapter 8 – Corner Detection
- Chapter 9 – Edge Detection
- Chapter 10 – Skin Detection
- Chapter 11 – Head Tracking
- Chapter 12 – Face Recognition
- Chapter 13 – Eye Tracking
- Chapter 14 – Template Matching
- Chapter 15 – Augmented Reality
- Chapter 16 – Haar Training
Even though I’m already spread thin with having a full-time day job, working on a startup, owning &running a web design & hosting company, maintaining this blog, and working several side contracts, I’m still going to work in time to work on this book. I’ve waited long enough to take on something like this and actually see it through. So, I’m no longer going to make excuses, I’m just going to get it done for that sense of self satisfaction. And, while I’m at it, hopefully provide something that helps you learn how to work with OpenCV using C# without having to fight thru all of the headaches I had to when I first learned.
If you have any questions or suggestions about my book, please leave them in the comments below. Also, if you have an idea for the title of this book, leave those suggestions in the comments below. If I choose to use your suggestion, I will make sure to give you full credit for the idea on the very first page of the book. So, put on your thinking caps and leave your comments below.
PayPal will open in a new tab.